Monday 20 February 2012

Start The Week

Dean emails me on his essay:  How Bukowski should have listened to The Doors-fantastic!  What an imaginative topic!  Also, Charles, was the book you suggested Snow Child?  Sounds a good read.  Elements of fairy tale-nice-the author?
I wonder if anyone heard Jon McGregor speaking about his collection of short stories on Radio 4 yesterday.
An insightful programme on the short story-I haven't read much of Alice Munro(she was spoken about a lot in the programme) but I think I will over the summer.
I saw Drive on Saturday-sparse, taut, silent, still-I enjoyed it.  Wonder if Mark Kermode has written anything about it...And I still haven't seen: We Need To Talk About Kevin-I MUST!
Anyway, got to get cracking-a new chapter today: Sexuality, Drugs, Criminality, Fiction & The Beats-it's a bit early in the morning for such a topic-but heigh ho..here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment